02 October 2014

THE ROOM WAS FILLED WITH CONVERSATIONS WE WEREN'T HAVING

to my favorite
your mother is writing in the Nothing guest room
you can't love anything more than something you miss.
your mother's charcoal-stained metamorphosis
is the silence of my life.

"i'm pregnant"
"overjoyed"
everyone went to the shelters, but no one hurried
in its eyes i was sure i saw some form of understanding.

into the black water reflection: "as long as i am thinking, i am alive"
it was her touch that saved my life, all of the searching was in vain.
and thinking is killing me. red flares, black water, i had everything.

one hundred years of joy.
"you love an idea"
"life is scarier than death"
the last time i ever saw her.

for reasons that need not be explained, you made a strong impression on me.
and here i am, instead of there.