03 June 2012

Back to regular life

So, right after returning from Europe, I moved into my new house in Warrensburg where I'll be living for the next two and a half months. I started my anatomy class already and am currently avoiding homework, but I'm somewhat sick at the moment so it's excusable... I've been sleeping all day and I can never do that so that's how I know I'm really, truly sick. 

Yesterday, Ryan, Katelyn and I went to Buzz Beachball...I saw The Antlers after a year of non-stop obsessing over Hospice. A completely, unbelievably perfect album that they did not play a single song off of. But I did get a photo with Peter Silberman, the vocalist, and it was a great day! The night ended with Katelyn and I dancing tons to Foster the People and a chicken sandwich at Winstead's. So that's my kind of day. 





For now, I'm just going to try to sleep off this sickness and lay in bed watching Doctor Who. I've gotten everything completed for study abroad and have even ordered my one way ticket to Sweden. I leave August 15th! I got paired with my student mentor, and she seems wonderful. I applied to volunteer at a musical festival, Popaganda, the week after I arrive, so hopefully that will work out. I sent in all my visa forms, and got my room assignment in Björnkulla as well. I've already started counting down the days and I can't wait until I arrive. So much more of life to experience.... just two more months. I am honestly so excited. I still can't believe it's really happening because I've wanted it for so long.