26 March 2012

A life update circa early March

I haven’t posted an actual update on my life in quite a while-and you know, not that anyone needs to read it, but at three in the morning I quite like organizing and making plans-and I do my best thinking at night.
I spent most of this year in quite bad shape and lately I’ve gotten out of it almost completely. I made a really wonderful friend, Katelyn, who in turn, introduced me to so many other amazing people. I finally have friends I can just hang out with, without effort. Everyone is so nice and fun and they all make me so happy. I made another really great friend, Amanda, recently as well. She is the funniest person ever, and we are just so alike. We’ve spent the last two weeks drunk together and it’s been amazing. It’s so great how something as simple as meeting two really wonderful people can turn things around completely-or maybe it isn’t so simple but I’m grateful nonetheless. In such a short amount of time I feel closer with them than practically anyone and I think that’s quite extraordinary. I’ve been letting go of everyone who’s let me down, and I feel so much better. Having friends who genuinely care about you is ten times greater than wasting time on other people.
I’ve got five more weeks of school until summer. I can’t believe that. The whole year is over practically-and though it was nothing like I was expecting, or hoping for, I came out a much better, stronger, and more independent person. I’ve learned more about myself than…ever. And maybe that’s what this is about, really.
My classes have been overwhelming and they’re actually quite difficult which I’m not used to honestly-I’ve never really had to study before, ever, and this semester has been challenging. So far, so good. I’ve also been participating in several organizations on campus which is nice because I do strive to be involved.
In May I’m going to Mexico with my sister, then as soon as I get back, I’m going on a trip to London and Paris with my best friend, Tina, where I’ll finally get to meet my favorite Swedish friend Joakim, who has been one of my greatest friends for almost two years now. I’m so excited.
When my travels are over, it’ll be June and I’ll be moving back to Warrensburg where I’m going to try to get a job at a local café. I’m taking summer classes as well, and living in a house with Amanda and three others, which should be so fun. I love having people around all the time and I really can’t wait. My classes are over in July, and come August, I’ll be leaving for Stockholm, Sweden where I’ll be until early January. 
Anyway, currently I’m on spring break and I’m staying at my sister’s house this week to apply for some jobs, get some homework done, watch shitty tv shows on netflix (laguna beach), go for runs, and nap all day. A home away from home. 
People aren’t so bad after all by the way; it just all depends who you surround yourself with. I’m happy and things are going to be so, so good. I cried the other day just about how happy I’ve been, how lame is that? It’s just completely different from how I was and it’s comforting because I made it all on my own- none of my friends even helped me through it honestly- and I made it okay anyway. Just always have to count on yourself; if I’ve learned anything, it’s that.
Now I’ve got great friends, exciting plans, and I even kind of like someone. I’m so very excited and anxious for summer and ready to move on.