16 July 2012

so very ready for the week and the summer to be over. i have little to no free time and this anatomy class is murdering me. i've got two more exams (respiratory system and embryonic development). the geography class i'm in is extremely easy but still takes a lot of time to write a three page journal article every week, as well as a quiz and a test each week too. needless to say i have no time to do the things i really enjoy as i'm too busy worrying about schoolwork, despite the summer season and mentality. i have so much to do. but, of course, i get the most inspiration to write when i've got no time to do so.

i can't wait to relax for a few weeks before heading off to sweden. i'll have time to sit, play piano, read the economist, read the other piles of books i'd been planning to read all summer, develop film, learn to cook potatoes and chicken and pancakes so i don't starve while i'm away. maybe i'll even have time to start packing (no idea how i'll accomplish that feat....) i'd like to have time to be with my friends, to be with myself, lay in bed, watch netflix, have snacks, and sleep in for once-something i've done less times than i can count on one hand this summer. with sweden only 29 days away at this point, i'm absolutely freaking out. it's the hardest thing to visualize how much my life is going to change even though i know it will so much. it seems so unreal and it will until i am on an airplane. until i land in arlanda and buy a metro ticket. since i'm arriving early, the first week only a few students will be in björnkulla. the 24th i am volunteering at popaganda music festival. i expect to have adventures and wander aimlessly every single day. i can't wait to be on my own. and next summer monica and i are (possibly) living in new york together. my life feels like it's only beginning and i'm never going to have to look back again. 

my waitressing job is nice and the family is so kind to me, but it is dull work. i'll quit both my jobs in a few weeks and then have the remaining two to relax with my family and summer porch sit with my friend and probably dance into people piles on the grass.